Friday 12 August 2016

Skyrim: Vithdovah

Adventures in Skyrim - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Since I couldn't risk melee against Vithdovah, nor could I out potion him given his huge pool of hit points the only strategy was to shoot him down with the exploding arrows, which took a long while! At half health he then decided to turn tail and flee. Having seen this strategy of fleeing and coming back with full HP before I hastily swam after him and fortunately managed to catch up on the mainland where some bandits managed to get his attention, and were in the process of being exploded.

Not willing to let him escape, I made sure to constantly then Dragonrend him to force him on the ground. While this ensured he didn't escape, it also made him much deadlier. Zuna was decimated in the fray so it came down to a one on one battle. Fortunately at that point I had managed to lure the beast into a forest where the tree cluster was too tight for him to spread his wings to take off. The foliage also gave me good cover against his crazy explosive breath.

Because in Skyrim, trees are immune to fire. 
And explosions. And any damage whatsoever.

In the longest dragon fight I've had so far, I finally slew Vithdovah after pelleting him with over 400 explosive arrows. This isn't counting the other explosive arrows Zuna had been shooting, nor whatever the bandits could do to him. With the guardian finally dead, I returned to the little island and found the entrance to the Altar of the Ascended.

The was one soul I particularly enjoyed consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment