Tuesday 16 August 2016

Skyrim: No Ascension

Adventures in Skyrim - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

After slaying a large, magic spamming charrus who was literally in a pitch black chamber (lol fun), I then encountered an enemy who was my equal: the soul of Samel. Yep, him again! Basically a small puff of smoke in a very dark room, he was very hard to see. He also moved FASTER than I could, easily outrunning me in my speed armor. On top of that he was a HP sponge, with no "weak spot". Oh also, he cast rapid, explosive orbital bombardments that chased after me wherever I went.

Holy sh*t!

Took a lot of dexterity and a lot of slow time shouts to finally destroy his soul. Past him though was the main boss of the place: the vessel of the ascendant that looked pretty much like an angry, living Stargate that had some interesting abilities up close.

Cannot tell you how many potions were needed to survive this.

It looks so angry, for a machine.

I worked out its weakness straight away though: it was big. Too big to fit through the door to its chamber, which made sniping it with explosive arrows the way to go, even if it did take over 200 shots. It took awhile, but in the end...

It went boom!

And that's what it looked like underneath the machinery.
I suppose it was some sort of beholder... or mutated mud crab.

With it dead, I had finally cleared all traces of "the ascended" in Skyrim and was glad to be back out in the cold, crisp air. As I headed back to Whiterun I was a little sad that there was so little monetary reward in my accomplishment.

On the flip side, I could now summon most of all the creatures I had defeated up to this point, including the special dragons, to serve me. Theoretically anyway, since the mana requirements to conjure them were absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment